Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Della Donne Wants The Sky!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Rhino

Online Status: Offline
Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 07Nov2012 at 8:22pm
BBussan I respect your opinion. And believe me I really hope that I'm wrong. You make for good debate. And believe me. I've kept up with your post. I'm a big fan. Cool?
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 07Nov2012 at 8:28pm
Now fanbetty. Please don't try to defend the cubs. You honestly want to boast on them twice making the playoffs? How about this. The Florida marlins won 2 world series. And they have yet to reach 20 years in the league. Babe Ruth is still waiting for the cubs to win their 1st world series.
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 08Nov2012 at 3:21pm
Cubs have taught me a lot over the years including the saying: "Wait until Next Year" which has come in handy each of the 7 seasons the Sky has been around.
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 08Nov2012 at 3:46pm
While Swin Cash has always been a steady player thruout her pro career, she has mostly been the complementary player, not the star on her other teams.  In Detroit, she was the lead player on the 2003 championship, but then Nolan, Ford and Smith took the lead.  In Seattle it was Jackson and Bird. 

If anyone expected her to be a 20 point performer and the driving force of the team, you were not familiar with her skills or history.  Given the draft situation last year, it's a toss up that we would have taken anyone who would have had any better impact on the team last year than she did.  Obviously, Seattle did not take a player who did more for them than Cash did for us.

I also believe Willingham was a throw-in since this whole move was a salary dump by Seattle to prepare for the future.  The Sky was a great partner since they had cap space available.  Let's just hope the Willingham contract is not guaranteed for long.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 08Nov2012 at 3:51pm
   The history stats are good but trends are even more important. Swin got better. I hope she keeps the concentrated dedication to getting better going.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 09Nov2012 at 1:55pm
No one expected Swin to be 20 pt performer. Yes she stepped up in the 2nd half of the season. But the first half her offense was off. Her turnovers were all season long, and her stamina was a problem. We got what we needed with that trade a veteran SF. But after reviewing how the players did we could've kept that pick and had a future player (Shenise Johnson, Shekinna Stricklen, Glory Johnson, Dev Peters) and developed them especially after not making the playoffs. Moving forward it should be about the core players(Syl,Piph,Sloot) and future players(Draft). As I said before the group of veteran players were a disappointment. Like Rhino is saying it's time to get some players in here with value, not players at the end of their career. I want to see whats going to happen in free agency we need players who are in the prime of their careers. For example Tameka Johnson types.

Edited by brit479 - 09Nov2012 at 1:59pm
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 09Nov2012 at 3:15pm
Thanks Brit, did I make it that hard to understand?
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 09Nov2012 at 3:59pm
I was trying to remember dev. Peters. Glory johnson, shenise Johnson, and stricklen, they're young and talented, one of them could've been a added chip for an up-temple team like the sky, we have dead weight on our team that serves more as a problem than a solution, Sylvia gets doubled because pokey sometimes has the wrong lineup on the court with her, with the exception of Epiphany and Shay Murphy, who does the sky has to knock down shots? Teams aren't stupid, they have scouts who does their homework, if prince or Murphys shots aren't falling, they're going to go in to Sylvia, thats when the double-down on big syl comes in to play, T. young is ok to bring off the bench, but she's not your starter, she on many occasions play outta control, Courtney plays timid and cautiously too often, Swin, prince, syl, Murphy, and who? Whomever the sky would've drafted last year, Johnson & Johnson or stricklen, couple that with drafting Elena, that could free up Sylvia downlow, prince playing aggressively, swin giving what she can, the sky needs to start preparing to sign or either trading for a veteran #3 and not an over-the-hiller, Angel Mccoughtry has the perfect game that'll fit the sky, but that lady's mental sky is just to dark & troubled for this team, no drama is needed, this should be a very busy off-season for pokey & the sky, don't disappoint.

Edited by Rhino - 09Nov2012 at 4:09pm
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 11Nov2012 at 10:18pm
Phew, an exhausting weekend making Xmas cookies with the family (I know it's awfully early but it's the only time all of 30-40 of us could get together) leaves no time to look at the boards. After reviewing what has been stated a few things I would like to say.

1. Swin was brought to the sky for her ability to lead and her championship experience. This team will still need that. With the addition of edd, to the playoff inexperienced sky she will prove to be invaluable.

2. Swin played over 30 minutes per game nearly every game and did not miss a game. Never appeared to be sucking wind from our perch court side.

3. Rhino, thanks for the props and u r absolutely right when u say tamera young should come off the bench. Our 7-1 start occurred with young coming off the bench. After the losses began the win at home came with very few minutes played and the win at Connecticut came with her NWT.

4. Sloot, or as she prefers, Cort, has taken her lumps on the message boards. Being the floor general takes a while. She especially is going to take some time to ripen. Her fresh and soph years in college she and the zags were nearly unheard of, except maybe a trip to play the lady vols, at which time she got no mention. Her junior and senior years she made a name for herself. I think because she relies more on savvy and knowledge of the game she will have a solid year this year. She showed glimpses of brilliance against great teams with good point guards in the sun and lynx.

Wow, that was a mouthful. What say all of you?
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 12Nov2012 at 12:40am
Mr. Anderson from the movie The Matrix and Alice from Alice in Wonderland got into a load of trouble when they made the choice to follow the white rabbit. Should the Sky make that same choice and follow the white rabbit?

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version